Dallas Forth Worth Airport (DFW)
Derek Consulting Group is serving as IT Program Manager for the planning, design, construction and systems implementations, and commissioning for the Airport’s new Integrated Operations Center (IOC).
The IOC will be a state-of-the art, fully hardened, 24/7 facility which will consolidate critical airport operating, airport security, and customer service functions in an open and highly collaborative environment supported by integrated communications, new foundational situational awareness systems, and audio-visual distribution technologies. The facility will bring together 80+ positions from 10 Airport business units as well as external agencies (e.g. TSA) and also house the Airport’s 911/PSAP, Security Operations Center (SOC), and the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) which is manned with up to 65 additional staff in activation. The facility is the most significant technology investment by the Airport for a non-terminal facility and is targeted to open April, 2021.
In its role, DCG is responsible for assisting Executive Management in the overall coordination and...more
DCG served as IT Program Manager for the strategic planning, design, implementation, and commissioning of the New Quito International Airport (NQIA) in Quito Ecuador under the administration of Quiport S.A. and ADC-HAS as operator. The airport opened February 20, 2012. The $ 600 million+ private public partnership (P3) project was a joint venture called Corporacion Quiport SA (Quiport) (consists of Aecon Concessions, Andrade Gutierrez Concessoes of Brazil, and Airport Development Corporation of Toronto and HAS Development Corporation of Texas). Quiport was awarded the concession to design, build and operate a new airport until 2040.
DCG provided the following services to the Investor/Owner/Operator Team:
- Developed the IT Systems vision and strategic plan defining the operational systems and technologies required at initial operations.
- Defined requirements and prepared system specifications for nine ( 9) critical airport operations and back office systems FIDS, AODB, CUTE, RMS, LAN, WiFi; CUSS; Radio Communication infrastructure; Airside...
Houston Airport System
DCG served as Principal IT and Project Management Oversight (PMO) consultant to the Houston Airport System (HAS) for 12 years providing IT planning, program/project management, and technical management and support of information systems and technology projects. These areas include Information Technology Planning; Program/Project Management Oversight; Capital Project Design Services; Systems Implementation/ Integration; Applications Development/Support; and Business Process Improvement
Over the period, DCG successfully completed more than 400 discrete projects, managing 15-20 to as many as 40 concurrent projects, with a staff of DCG professional and sub-consultants.
DCG served as the Airport’s “principal/lead” IT Consultant, responsible for assisting IT management in the overall coordination and timely completion, from a program/project management oversight perspective, of all major information technology initiatives consistent with the goals and vision of the Strategic Information Plan and the project priorities established by the IT Steering...more
San Antonio Airport System
Derek Consulting Group (DCG) was selected to work with the San Antonio Airport System to define the functional requirements and an implementation approach for a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to support the maintenance management and reporting vision at both San Antonio International (SAT) and Stinson (SSF) Airports.
During this engagement, DCG accomplished the following tasks:
- Reviewed the current technology and automated systems utilized to support existing maintenance and asset related functions, including future technology plans.
- Defined the functional requirements for a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the Airports to support the facility and airfield maintenance needs at San Antonio International (SAT) and Stinson Airports (SSF).
- Assessed the capabilities and functionality of the City of San Antonio’s (CoSA; City) existing enterprise products as a solution to determine whether Aviation’s requirements can be fulfilled by their ERP platform.
Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport - Kenton County Airport Board
DCG provided the Kenton County Airport Board with information technology assessment and planning services. As the airport reconfigured and sought to identify new business strategies, DCG was asked to assess the overall IT environment and organization and make recommendations regarding priorities for going forward.
DCG completed the following tasks:
- Conducted a comprehensive assessment of facilities, infrastructure, telecommunications and telecommunications agreements, application systems, and organization resources
- Recommended improvements and established project priorities ,action plan, and schedule for improvement
- Recommended and defined a conceptual data network architecture and structured cable for the airport
- Evaluated Shared Tenant Services opportunities identifying service opportunities for voice services, internet access, and common use
- Defined core applications architecture
- Conducted special emphasis review and defined strategy and requirements for an Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Program...
Houston Airport System
DCG worked with HAS management to provided strategic visioning and define the program framework for an Enterprise Asset Management Program (EAM) encompassing a "cradle to grave" management perspective of airport assets. The program initiative involves organization realignment, process improvement, systems assessment of the multiple asset-data related systems across the airport, selection of new systems platforms as appropriate, and system implementation assistance. DCG is now serving as systems implementation Program Manager for the new EAM initiative. Project elements included:
- Defined/confirmed business and functional framework for the EAM Program and its maintenance management requirements specifically including service requests, work orders, preventative maintenance, utilization tracking, and replacement planning and associated reporting
- Worked with HAS senior management to define strategies for Program implementation which included establishment an Asset Management organization function in PDC to manage asset strategy and replacement planning ,and...
Sacramento Airport System
DCG completed a comprehensive assessment and provided implementation consulting services to define the requirements -- organization, policy, procedure, systems, and physical facility -- for implementing centralized purchasing and supply warehouse functions in the SCAS environment.
As part of its capital expansion program at Sacramento International Airport (SMF), a building had a change in intended use and management targeted the shell structure for use as a central receiving and supply storage/issuing facility for airport goods. The facility was further envisioned to possibly function as a centralized “commissary” or “dock” facility to screen concessionaire and other vendor shipments destined for the secure areas. As part of the facilities upgrade, senior management also wanted to consolidate and centralize airport purchasing and inventory control functions with a dedicated a Technical Services organization to improve operating and personnel efficiencies and controls.
DCG assessed feasibility, planned and provided project management oversight to implement...more
McCarran Airport, LasVegas
Derek Consulting Group was added to a IT services team led by The Solution Design Group to provide business process review (BPR) services to McCarran Airport (Las Vegas).
The Solution Design Group’s BPR services are a component of McCarran’s continuing ERP implementation initiatives, which include SAP, and several other enterprise applications. DCG will provide BPR services related to capital projects/construction engineering.
McCarran International Airport (LAS), owned by Clark County and operated by the Clark County Department of Aviation, is the principal commercial airport serving Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Solution Design Group, Inc. (SDG) is a business and information technology consulting firm providing consulting services to the airport industry. With offices in Washington DC and Orlando, SDG has served more than 30 airports world-wide, with experience ranging from master planning and conceptual system design to business process re-engineering and software development.more
Atlanta Airlines Terminal Corporation (AATC)
DCG was part of a consulting team to perform a re-implementation of Infor EAM enterprise asset management/CMMS software to enhance capability and support integration of the solution with the new ERP system being implemented by AATC.
AATC was formed in 1979 by several major ATL airlines (Delta primary) to operate and maintain the Central Passenger Terminal Complex at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport including systems such as HVAC, general building maintenance, fire alarm/suppression, PA, vertical transportation, utility management, cleaning services, ramp snow removal, and select parking lot services. AATC services more than 65,000 work orders annually.
DCG provided the following services to the Owner/Operator team:
- Developed a new asset hierarchy and a grid-based location schema, covering 12 major airport systems to include the domestic and international complexes, underground utilities, fleet, parking, and people movers
- Assisted in the design and implementation of a nine-element cost accounting structure programmed at the...