Derek Consulting Group (DCG) was selected to work with the San Antonio Airport System to define the functional requirements and an implementation approach for a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to support the maintenance management and reporting vision at both San Antonio International (SAT) and Stinson (SSF) Airports.
During this engagement, DCG accomplished the following tasks:
- Reviewed the current technology and automated systems utilized to support existing maintenance and asset related functions, including future technology plans.
- Defined the functional requirements for a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for the Airports to support the facility and airfield maintenance needs at San Antonio International (SAT) and Stinson Airports (SSF).
- Assessed the capabilities and functionality of the City of San Antonio’s (CoSA; City) existing enterprise products as a solution to determine whether Aviation’s requirements can be fulfilled by their ERP platform.
- Identified alternate solutions, functionalities, capabilities, and resources required to bring the City’s existing enterprise applications to a suitable system solution, including airport industry solutions/best practices.
- Developed a preliminary action plan and implementation sequencing schedule addressing necessary steps and activities involved in the implementation effort.
- Delivered a Functional Requirements document and a Recommendation Report for the CMMS study
- Subsequent phases of the project are currently ongoing.